Let’s face it … life is tough.
We can feel pulled in a million directions and sometimes it feels like no matter how much you give, and sacrifice, and diet, and plan, and prepare … life throws you curve balls and you end up feeling stuck, back to square one, and depleted.
In addition, it’s easy to feel like you are constantly giving to everyone else.
Are you always at the bottom (or not even on!) your own to-do list?
Which, by the way, keeps getting longer and longer and longer.
It’s time to stop, collaborate and listen …
Taking time for you is not selfish … it’s not bad … it’s not naughty.
It’s necessary and real and honest.
Plus, it will make you more awesome to be around.
Being mindful that you need to replenish your body, your mind, and your soul is a huge part of having a strong personal brand and a happy life.
Stress and anxiety and worry that make you sick in the long run.
So, making sure you keep yourself out of “code red” and in the “joy zone” is a game changer
Here are 5 ideas you can incorporate into your life on the regular to help ease anxiety, reduce stress, and make you happier:
- Quickies: Ok … get your mind out of the gutter … I’m not going there. I’m going here … meditation. One of my favorite health authors Dr. Aviva Romm, calls her meditation breaks quickies. And that simply pausing for 8 breaths can make a massive change in your life. So, if you are in a “code red” or don’t have 5, 10, or 15 minutes to sit and meditate … do this:
Sit with your feet on the floor
Breath in your nose and out your mouth for a couple breathe
On your next inhale say “I Am … “
And then on your exhale say “at peace”
Repeat 4-8 times then open your eyes
Take a few seconds to note how you feel
- Have a daily ritual: It can be as simple as a cup of coffee, an afternoon walk with your dog or favorite podcast, a bath … Whatever! According to Dr. Romm, these sorts of activities reset your HPA axis, which makes you healthier … and happier.
- Journal: Take 5 minutes a day to write down either what your worried about … or what your grateful for. Or even better, a combo of both. I use The 5 Minute Journal every morning and night and adore it! I also did a Facebook LIVE that shared a tool I use to help me as well, you can find that on my Facebook Fan Page HERE. (search my videos for the one titled “how I handle anxiety”)
- Take a digital detox: We are so overloaded with information … it’s exhausting. And it can make us feel like we never know enough, do enough, or are happy enough. Plus, being on devices too close to bed time not only brings other peoples agendas and social concerns into your focus (which causes worry) but the blue light from the screens will effect your sleep patterns. (Thank you Dr. Romm!) Make it a pattern to stay off digital after 9pm every night and one day a week go digital free. No cell. No internet. No Facebook. It’s a game changer. Trust me!
- Play: Things are so serious all the time. You work hard. Therefore you must play hard. Take time to run around the park with your kids, ride a bike, go to concert, do a puzzle, set up a board game, laugh … as we grow up we forget the powerful health benefits of play.
The bottom line is this … it’s easy to get depleted.
To run on fumes.
So, you have to watch out for yourself and make sure you are getting what you need.
Incorporating just a few of the ideas above can make big changes in your life.
Go get you some.
Made with Love.